Thursday, November 15, 2018

I'm getting antsy

I haven't seen the sun since Saturday.  It started raining on Sunday, and it didn't stop raining until this morning.  It's still overcast.

The clouds are supposed to clear tomorrow, and then we'll have several sunny days.  I hope that forecast is correct.  I feel like I'm starting to go crazy.  I love the humidity, but I also need some rays on my skin.

In other news, I'm running promotions for Clouds of Venus this week, so if the book's rank seems unusually high, then that's why.  To any new readers: thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy my work.  :)

Also, I finally finished line-editing the first boarding scene in book 3.  Man, that was a tough one.  I ended up adding a scene break because it was just too long.  I think the original scene was something like ten OpenOffice pages, which translates to about twenty ebook pages.  On the one hand, I want the scene to be somewhat exhausting for the reader because that's the mood I'm going for, but on the other hand, I don't want the reader to be so exhausted that he puts the book down.  Balance, trade-off, etc.  So I added an asterisk break.  Hopefully I made the right choice.

The bad news is that I'm still only about a third a way of the way done.  I'm going to have to really cook if I want to publish this thing before year's end.

And I haven't done a lick of Christmas shopping yet.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment