Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Cold and rain

Nothing but rain in the forecast until Friday.  Not kidding.  We're under a flood warning.  :(

It won't flood where I live.  I'm too far up the hill for that.  But those who live down near the creeks might have issues after four straight days of rain.

I've already entered the "cold feet" season.  The HVAC vents are in the ceiling, and that means cold feet all winter.  Warm air rises, so when the heat comes on, the warm air has to be pushed down.  Once it reaches the thermostat, though, it shuts off, leaving the bottom four feet or so of the house cold.  Turning the thermostat up only makes my head hot.

Vents belong in the floor or on the wall close to the floor.  Not in the ceiling.  Humans live in the bottom half of the room, not the top half.

In other news, I just finished emailing copies of Hostile Planet to the LibraryThing giveaway winners.  I hope they enjoy it.  This is my first time doing one of these giveaways, so I'm sort of fumbling my way around here.  But hopefully I didn't screw anything up.

Also, Stan Lee has died.  He was 95.  I was never much of a comic reader, but I enjoyed a few of the movies based on his characters.  He definitely left his mark on the world.  R.I.P., Mr. Lee.

Best wishes to those affected by the California wildfires.  I've seen the photos and videos, and it's just terrible.  Stay safe, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment