Friday, May 18, 2018

Progress report

I've started the second draft of book 3.  I'm working my way through my notes right now, and then once that's done, I'll cut scenes if necessary and move stuff around.  Then I'll basically re-write the whole thing at the paragraph and sentence level (leaving the broader structure unchanged).  No promises regarding a release date.  Life has a way of upsetting my plans, and I know better than to try to make predictions.

I'm working on a new cover for Mr. Wilson, and I think I'm getting close.  This cover design stuff isn't easy, and it takes me a few iterations just to get something that doesn't suck.

I intend to come up with a Privacy Policy soon.  This is due to the GDPR thing that the EU is doing.  I'm basically going to see what other authors have and copy their policies.  Other than that, I don't plan on doing anything regarding the EU's latest regulatory experiment.  Not at this time, anyway.  I reserve the right to do whatever I deem necessary to stay out of trouble.

I logged into Bookbub the other day--something I mostly only do once a month when applying for a deal--and saw I had some notifications.  I clicked on them and discovered I have some Bookbub followers.  Pretty cool, huh?  I guess that means they get emails from Bookbub when I release something new.  Anyway, if any of my Bookbub followers are reading this, welcome to the blog, and feel free to introduce yourself in the comments if you're so inclined.

Just as I feared, the weather here transitioned from late winter to early summer with almost zero spring in between.  Highs last week were in the upper 80s.  This week has been rainy, so the temps have been lower, but I also saw the first mosquito of the year today--and got my first bite--so it's now officially mosquito season.

That's all for now.  Back to the grind...

No comments:

Post a Comment