Friday, May 11, 2018

First draft is done!

The first draft of Book 3 of the Wheel of Fire series is done.  It clocks in at 95,000 words and change.  I usually add material during revision, so I expect the final product to be somewhere between 90,000 and 130,000 words.  That's just an estimate, though.  No promises.

It took me about three months, and I'm frankly kind of embarrassed about that.  I should have finished this thing up faster.  But the past is the past, and all I can do is try to do better next time.

My order of business now is as follows: write the second draft, make a revised outline for book 4, work on the outlines for the rest of the series, do a little cover work, and then start the Kindle edit for book 3.

I also intend to run an ad or two for Clouds of Venus.  I'm trying to decide whether to do that before or after Memorial Day weekend.  I think I might wait until after.

But for now, a milestone is accomplished, so I'm going to take a day to wallow in some good feels.  I may even watch a movie or do something equally extravagant.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment