Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Another successful promotion

I've been trying out a few of Kobo's in-house promotions over the past few months.  I prefer the ones that are done by discount code, because that means I don't have to worry about Amazon price-matching.  Makes it easier for me, and I'm all about paths of least resistance.  ;)

Each time I've done one of these Kobo promotions, I've made sales.  Not one of them has been a bust.  And they cost a cut of the sales price, so I don't pay anything up front.  That's the best kind of promotion, because I hate paying in advance for results that may or may not happen.  I'll pay for promotions, but only reluctantly.  I have to watch my expenses.

Anyway, I moved several copies of Hostile Planet as part of Kobo's VIP 30%-off thing.  And I continue to get daily downloads of Clouds of Venus.  I still don't have any real traction on Kobo yet, but it feels like that might happen soon.

So, thanks, Kobo.  Y'all are awesome, and I'm looking forward to getting my first royalty deposit from you.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment