Thursday, February 15, 2018

Updated a few book files

It has come to my attention that Amazon is now putting some sort of popup thingy at the end of its readers' ebooks.  From what I hear, it's a prompt encouraging the reader to rate/review the book.  It apparently shows up before the back matter that the author included in the book, which means links to mailing lists might go unseen by the reader.

So, to combat this, I've added my mailing list link to the copyright pages of my books.  I've done this for books 2 and 3 of Free Space and both books of Wheel of Fire.  (I don't have the link in Clouds of Venus because that's a permafree book.)

I haven't seen this popup thing for myself.  I've only heard about it.  But I want those who purchase my work to join my mailing list, so I just spent about an hour making the changes to the files and uploading them across all vendors.  It's just another small annoyance in an endeavor that is full of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment