Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Progress Report

I'm a few days into this first draft, and progress has been slow.  I've got about 5500 words down.  Part of the blame goes to the Olympics, because I'm a sucker for that stuff and can't resist watching.  I've also been drowsier than normal recently, which may be due to the weather, and I can't make the sentences form in my head when I'm drowsy.  And, frankly, I'm just plain lazy sometimes.  :(

On the plus side, I'm in the middle of writing a Shariel-POV scene on her home planet of Laenarael.  In Hostile Planet, we see scenes on Homestead and Skytower.  In Mind Games, we see scenes on Homestead and Cortex.  So we've seen a glimpse of what life is like on three Breeds' worlds.  But readers of the series haven't seen a Felid world yet.  In this third book, they will.  More than one Felid world, actually.  And that's all I'm saying about that.  No spoilers.  :D

I had planned to crank out this first draft and then switch gears to a short story that I would then submit to Alasdair Shaw for his next anthology.  I'm no longer sure about that.  Maybe I'll have time, and if so, maybe the story will come together well enough.  But that remains to be seen.

So that's where I'm at.  Hopefully I can increase my output this week.  I really want to start getting to the 3000+ words per day level.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment