Thursday, February 22, 2018

Miscellany

I've written 14,000 words so far for book 3.  Obviously, this is not the pace I want.  I hope to do better very soon.

Congratulations to the women's hockey team for beating Canada in a shootout and bringing home the gold medal.  Excellent work, ladies, and in dramatic fashion, too.

Hostile Planet is currently on sale at Kobo.  It's part of their "February 40% off" sale.  Check it out:


Spring seems to have arrived early.  Too early.  I expect a final cold snap in March or April to kill off the new growth.  Nothing to be done about it, though.  *shrug*

It still takes me more than one attempt to tie a Windsor knot.  I attended a funeral a couple of days ago, so I wore my suit, which is a rarity for me.  In my younger days, I tied my ties using the four-in-hand knot.  In recent years, though, I've decided the Windsor is superior.  But it's more complex, and I don't wear ties often enough to get the hang of the knot.

When I step back from the world and think about it, it amazes me that so many of the systems and infrastructures we take for granted work as well as they do.  There are many unsung, unseen, and unloved heroes in the world.

That's enough for now, I guess.  Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment