Thursday, February 8, 2018

I've started a new draft

The first draft of book 3 of the Wheel of Fire is officially underway.  :D  I've got a couple thousand words down so far, and I've already put poor Jerry into an altercation.  Lol... I really am too tough on that guy.  But I have to be tough.  It's necessary for good drama.  Never coddle your heroes!  That's how you get Mary Sues, and no one wants Mary Sues.

Tomorrow's output will be diminished due to the Olympic ceremony.  I'm a sucker for that stuff, so I'll be watching.

Fun fact: I'd never made a sale of a book on the very first day it was live... until now.  Mind Games sold on Apple right from the get-go.  Awesome!  Thanks for your support, readers.  Y'all are the best.  :D

My goal for book 3 is to have it published by mid-summer.  No promises, though.  I often miss my self-imposed deadlines.  They're really just targets to aim for, I guess.  *shrug*

Anyway, thanks again for reading, and thanks for purchasing my work.  :)

2 comments:

  1. What was it Douglas Adams said about deadlines? Something like he enjoyed the whooshing noise they made as they went past. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol

    Here's a quote from Patrick Rothfuss:

    "Normally I miss deadlines like a storm trooper misses Jedi."

    ;)

    ReplyDelete