Saturday, August 12, 2017

Working on the Dying Breeds outline

I needed a break from Clouds of Venus.  Line-editing that thing was getting tedious, and I was having a hard time staying focused.  So I decided to take a couple of days--or three--and work on the outline for book 4 of the Wheel of Fire series, which I'm calling Dying Breeds.

My preliminary outline--I've got one for each of the eight books in the series--was about 1800 words.  My goal for each book is to have an outline of at least 8000 words.  That's how I know I have enough material for a novel.  So I had some work to do.

The outline for Dying Breeds currently stands at 5295 words.  I'm getting there.  I'm adding in some gut-wrenching stuff that wasn't there before, too, and I think it'll help give the book more of an emotional punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment