Sunday, August 27, 2017

MuseScore 2

This is a fun little program.  If I'd had something like this back in high school, I might have seriously considered a career in music composition.

Just to try it out, I decided to write out the notation for Siegfried's leitmotif.  Here's the official version as written by Wagner:




You'll notice it's in 6/8 time and the key of E-flat.

Well, I didn't just want to duplicate the notes.  I wanted to play around a little.  So I transposed the leitmotif to the key of G and changed the time to 4/4.  I know... I'm so bad.  *evil grin*  Here's what the notation looks like in MuseScore:




The result was bright and cheery and totally cheesy.  Completely "non-epic."  Lol... Don't take my word for it.  Listen for yourself:



Online recording software >>


Anyway, it's a fun little program for those who want to play around with scoring their own tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment