Friday, October 21, 2016

Update

I've got 25k words written for Neutral Ground.  That's over 3k per day on average.  I'm pleased with that.

I bought my domain name.  I also set up some free Zoho email stuff.  It was kind of a bear, but I finally got it to work.  This is in preparation for setting up a mailing list.  I'll be getting a P.O. box in January for that purpose.  For now, though, I've got jefftanyard.com and I've got a couple of email addresses for that domain.

Firefox updated, and suddenly the "back" and "forward" buttons on my browser got all wonky.  I couldn't click "back" without getting the drop-down menu showing all the sites I had visited during the session.  It was a real annoyance.  I finally discovered that the BetterPrivacy add-on was screwing with it, so I disabled that add-on.  The buttons work normally now.  Even better, the developer for the add-on is working on a solution.  So hopefully I can turn BetterPrivacy back on soon.

Today was the first day that really felt like autumn.  It was cool and windy, and the leaves are starting to come down in earnest instead of just a few per day.

Once this draft is done, I'll have to focus on revision for a while.  I'll have to start lining up advertisers, too, because they all have different requirements for submissions.  Once the new year gets here, I'll start working with the cover designer for the Free Space books.  That's in addition to setting up a mailing list.

So lots of stuff going on.  I'm trying to keep it all straight. :o

No comments:

Post a Comment