Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Good deeds feel good

It's nice to feel like you've really helped out another person.  An author on Kboards needed help with his cover, so I volunteered to play around with the typography.  To be honest, I never really know if what I make is going to be awesome or fall completely flat.  It was great to get such positive feedback from the others in the thread.  And Steven seemed to be thrilled, so everyone won.  :D

Anyway, this was Steven's first cover attempt:




And this was his second:




Then he emailed me the artwork, and I came up with this:




I was quite pleased by the reaction it received.  This cover design stuff isn't easy for me, as I said in the thread, so it means a lot when I get praise from others about something I've whipped up in Photoshop.

I'm not letting it go to my head, though.  I know my limitations, and I'm still hiring a pro to do my Free Space covers.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment