Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Chugging along nicely

I've got 18,000 words written for Neutral Ground.  Not bad for a few days' work, I think.  My brain's starting to get a little crispy, though.  I may have to slow my roll for a day or two.

Another author has read the first few chapters of Hostile Planet and praised it.  That's encouraging.  I have self-confidence issues, and encouragement helps tremendously.

I've had to build a space navy from scratch along the way.  I've got the following classes of ships in the Agrarian Commonwealth Navy at the start of the series:

Patrol craft
Corvettes
Destroyers
Frigates
Battlecruisers

I've got armament listed for each, and the ranking of each ship type's commanding officer, but that's it.  No further details.  I'll add more as necessary, but I don't want to get bogged down in minutiae.

Once I get this draft done, I'll be mired in revision for a while.  Probably until publication.  *shrug*  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment