Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Some days...

...are better than others.

I had a good day yesterday.  I wrote somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 words.

Today, I'm struggling.  I've written maybe 200 words. 

I think it's because I added in a scene that's not in my outline.  The result is that I don't know how to get the story from point A to point C.  There's a point B to be found, but I haven't nailed it down yet.

That "point A" scene is pretty cool, though.  :D

I'm definitely getting tired of the story.  I'm close to being done with the first draft--I've got just over 48k words in, and only a few scenes left to go.  Once it's done, I can go back and add in all the stuff from my notes.  (I don't like going back and making structural changes until after the first draft's done.)

My goal is to have the trilogy up some time next fall.  I may finish by next summer, but I think fall's a better time to publish, so I'll postpone it until then.  That's the plan for the time being.

In the meantime, here's a little post-apocalyptic awesomeness from The Sword:




No comments:

Post a Comment