Sunday, December 13, 2015

Progress Report

I'm at about 51k words in Mercury and nearing the end.  I should have the first draft wrapped up in a few days.  I expect the final draft to be longer, of course.  I tend to add more during revision than I subtract.  During first drafts, my mind tends to race through the story faster than I can type, and things just get left out.  So I have to go back and connect the dots.

I've also started working on the blurbs for the trilogy.  I've got some pretty good ones, I think, for Venus and Mercury.  I'll wait until the first draft of Mars is done before I write a blurb for that one.  After all, I'm still outlining it, so I don't really know what the story's about yet.

I've been experimenting with a lot of different cover designs, and I think I've finally settled on one.  I just have to make a final decision on the typography and a few minor details.

So that's where I'm at.  It's gradually coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment