Friday, January 24, 2020

The answer is 42

In my work in progress, I thought I had forty chapters and an epilogue.  I had miscounted and mislabeled them, though.  I actually have 42 chapters and an epilogue.  There's a lesson there about double-checking and triple-checking everything.

I also downloaded an update from Calibre.  When I made an epub in the latest version, the epub reader looked different from what I expected, and I sort of freaked out a little at the lost functionality.  Then I remembered that the developer isn't the sort to reduce functionality; instead, he simply "hides" functions until you go into your preferences and activate them.  So, after a little searching, I figured out how to customize the epub reader to my tastes.  Yeah, Calibre is still awesome, and the developer is still a bona fide hero as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment