Sunday, January 5, 2020

New year, new plans, new hopes

Well, it's 2020 now.  The year we all get renewed focus.  (Ha!)

First of all, let's all remember that it's not actually the first year of a new decade.  It's the last year of the old one.  Counting starts at one, folks, not zero.

We can still call it the first year of "the twenties," of course, because it does end in twenty.

In any event, I hope to make this year better than the last.  I've increased my gross income over the prior year's income for three years now, and I want that trend to continue.  I've got a few other goals, too.

I intend to start using click ads, starting with AMS/Amazon Ads.  I considered this a long time ago for the trilogy, actually, but once I started crunching the numbers, I concluded that the math didn't make sense.  It might make sense for Wheel of Fire, though.  I aim to give it a try.

I intend to make greater use of Story Origin's group promos.

I will probably get some audio production rolling, though that's still up in the air.

I'll publish book 4 of Wheel of Fire soon and I'd like to publish book 5 this year, too.  We'll see how fast I can crank it out.

I really want to get a handle on my digestive system so I can stop having headaches all the time.  I started taking Metamucil a couple of weeks ago, and I think it's helping.  Jury's still out, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I need to exercise more.  I'm in terrible shape, particularly my legs.

I lost my traction on Apple, probably due to them changing their storefront and screwing up my algo momentum, and now I need to figure out how to get it back.  If I can figure out AMS, then maybe I can do some Bookbub CPC ads, too, and target the non-Amazon stores.

I intend to sketch out the next trilogy.  I want to have detailed outlines ready to go so I can hit the ground running when I finish Wheel of Fire.

That's all for now.  Good luck to everyone, and I hope all of our self-improvement hopes for this year come to fruition.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment