Friday, January 25, 2019

Uploaded the trilogy to PublishDrive

I've uploaded the Free Space trilogy to PublishDrive.  In a matter of days, those books should be available on Google Play.

The pricing was a little tricky.  PD does its conversions differently from Amazon, and the result is different prices for other countries even when the U.S. price is the same.  This might be a problem as far as Amazon's price-matching and royalty rackets go.  I really don't know, though, because PD and Google Play are new to me and I'm learning the quirks the hard way.  I guess we'll see.

I'm also not sure the paragraph breaks in the blurbs are formatting correctly.  I'll have to look into that.

I've changed the background on my newsletter's landing page.  I'm still deciding on whether or not to change it on the header of the newsletter itself.

That's all for now.  It's cold and windy here, and there's a chance of snow in a few days.  Stay warm, folks.


UPDATE:  I've decided to go ahead and raise prices on PD/Google.  It sucks for Google Play customers, but I've got other things I'm dealing with right now, and I just don't want to worry about any price-related headaches.  If you don't know just how exasperating this price-matching and discounting stuff can be, go here and read about Gene's tale of woe.  For the foreseeable future, my short stories will be $1.99, the trilogy books will be $4.99, and the Wheel of Fire books will be $5.99.

UPDATE 2:  I've uploaded the Wheel of Fire books to PD.  So all my stuff is now there.  Buddy is available at Google Play, but the rest are still in various stages of review.  But I've done my part, so now I can (hopefully) put PD and Google Play out of my mind for a little while and focus on other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment