Monday, January 7, 2019

Progress report

I'm hoping to have book 3 published this month.  I've been pretty productive on it the past few days.  I'm getting back in the groove, I think.  Sort of.

In other news, I'll be updating my back matter.  Before I do that, though, I'll be putting my stuff on PublishDrive.  I just got done submitting Buddy.  It's a new distributor for me, so there's a learning curve.  I'm taking it slow to reduce the odds of screwing up.  If all goes well and there aren't any snafus, then I'll trickle the rest of my stuff in.

The Kobo people are still awesome.  There was a glitch on my dashboard, so I emailed them about it.  They explained that it was just an internal glitch and not something the customers would see.  And now there's a banner when I log in saying they're aware of the problem and are working on it.  But that sort of candor and forthrightness is exactly what good customer service is all about.  No mysteries, no evasion, just an honest and straightforward explanation of the problem.  I love those people.

Once I publish book 3, I'll have to re-do the outline for book 4 before I start writing it.  Not looking forward to that.

Finally, thanks to everyone who purchased a copy of Hostile Planet during the promotion.  I hope you enjoy it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment