Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Thanks, Patty!

Howdy, folks!  Welcome to 2018.  I hope y'all had a great New Year's Day.  :D

First, a promotion update.  I lowered the price of Cities of Mars to 99 cents for Patty Jansen's promotion, and I can attribute several sales to it.  I made three sales of the book on Kobo, and that retailer has been sort of a dead zone for me, so I'm pretty sure those sales are from Patty's gig.  (I had a number of sales on Amazon, too, but the book was already selling on Amazon, so there's no way for me to separate out the signal from the noise there.)  So... thanks, Patty!  It was a pleasure.  :)

I'm currently trying to set the price back to $2.99 everywhere.  I'm saving Amazon for last so I don't have any price-matching snafus.  So if you're browsing my product pages and notice the price discrepancy for that book, well, that's why.  Hopefully it will be back at full price everywhere by the end of the week.

I've got the beginnings of a short story down for Alasdair Shaw's next anthology.  I need to let it percolate in my brain for a while, though.  For now, I'm turning back to book 2 of the Wheel of Fire series, Mind Games.  I'm about to start the mobi edit.  After that will be the formatting and the final proofreading, and then I'll need to tweak the cover a little, and then it'll be ready to release into the wild.  I'd like that to happen this month, but no promises.  February seems more likely at this point.

My goal for the series is to get book four out before year's end.  It won't be easy.  And life tends to get in the way of my goals.  But I need something to shoot for, so there it is.

In the meantime, I hope y'all make 2018 a great year for yourselves.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment