Sunday, January 28, 2018

Progress Report

It's been a slow month, thanks to life getting in the way, but I'm finally getting back up to speed, sort of.  I've finished the mobi draft of Mind Games, formatted it, and am about to begin the final proofread.  It currently stands at just over 109,000 words.  If you'll remember, the first draft was about 79,000 words.  I always end up adding material during revision, but I didn't expect to add quite that much.  Nevertheless, I'm pleased.  Six-figure word counts are the way to go.  Hostile Planet barely missed the mark at 99k and change.

I've joined an indie SF writer's group on Slack.  I'd never heard of Slack until a few days ago.  So far, it seems kind of neat.

I also downloaded the latest update for Calibre.  Man, I love that program.  I hope the inventor is a wealthy and happy dude, because he deserves it.

So that's all for now.  Mind Games is coming soon.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment