Friday, January 5, 2018

Progress report

I'm doing the mobi edit of Mind Games.  I'm at the 20% mark on my Kindle, so I'm a fifth of the way done.  Not bad for a few days' work, especially in the wake of the holiday season, but I hope to increase that pace a little.  I'd like to finish it by the end of next week.

After the mobi edit comes the formatting and final proofreading.  That shouldn't take long.  And I still need to tweak the cover a little, but that's a few hours' work at most.  I'm well on pace to have this book published before the month is out.

After the launch, I plan to dive right into the first draft of book 3.  I'd like to get it done by the end of March at least, and preferably by mid-March.  Then I'll put that aside and work on a short story for Alasdair Shaw's next anthology.  His deadline is the end of April.  I've already got a skeleton of a story written, so I sort of know where I'm going with it.

So that's where I'm at. My goal for 2018 is to get the first half of the Wheel of Fire series published.  I'd love to get book 5 out there, too, but I think that's stretching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment