Tuesday, September 12, 2017

I survived Irma

I was never in much danger, being in north Georgia, but, just the same, I thought y'all would like to know I'm okay.

Power was out for about fifteen hours.  Internet was out for a few hours longer than that.  A neighbor had wind damage to his roof.  Leaves and limbs were everywhere, but nothing destructive happened nearby.  A tree fell on a nearby road, but that was it.  The birds didn't seem to notice the weather.  They congregated at the feeders in spite of the rain and wind.  Tough little critters.

As far as writing goes, I didn't make any progress on proofreading Cities of Mars.  I've been using my Kindle to read the book for this purpose, and my Kindle was low on battery power.  My laptop was fully charged, though, so I used it for the only thing I could: writing a draft.  I rattled off about 2500 words like it was nothing, and I finished the first draft of Silver Mountain, a 7k-word short story.  So "yay" for that.

I haven't done much today.  After a day without internet, I just felt like getting online and doing some old-fashioned internet surfing.  Lazy, I know.  What can I say... I'm a flawed man.  :(

So that's that.  Goodbye, Irma.  Be gentle with Alabama and Tennessee, and please don't circle back.

No comments:

Post a Comment