Friday, November 21, 2014

Signed up with ACX

I've made Buddy available for auditions on ACX.

I've already listened to several samples from narrators there, and even found a couple I like.  I think I'll wait a few days to see if any narrators approach me first, though.  If there's someone out there who really likes my story and wants to narrate it, then I'd like to give him a chance.

I have no idea how long this whole process normally takes.  First I have to make a deal with a narrator.  Then I suppose it's all up to him.  Buddy is 10,000 words, so ACX estimates it to be about 1.1 hours long.  I've heard that it takes about three hours of recording time for every hour of finished product, though.  An ambitious narrator could do the whole story in a day, I suppose.

Summary: I don't really know what I'm doing, or what I've gotten myself into, but I'm determined not to let my fear of the unknown obstruct me.  Hopefully, everything will turn out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment