Sunday, December 27, 2020

Tutorials

What's the best thing about the internet?  In my opinion, it's the fact that you can learn about anything.  Not only can you learn any subject, but you can learn it from top-notch experts.

YouTube, for example, is full of tutorials for every subject.  Yesterday, I watched some of Paul Seller's stuff.  He's a British woodworker, and he does fantastic work.  Early today, I watched a video of a guitar teacher breaking down one of Billy Strings's songs and really diving into the music theory.  I played sax for many years and learned a good bit of technical stuff about music, but I never knew half the stuff this guy knows.

This is the real value of the internet.  Knowledge is freely shared, and that accelerates learning on the part of those who are interested.  No tuition or apprenticeships necessary.  Only patience, practice, and determination.

It's never too late to master a new subject.  Go for it!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment