Thursday, June 21, 2018

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The bad: I'm in the process of trying to make a new cover for Mr. Wilson, and I've run through several iterations.  I've spent way too much time on this.  It's a short story, and shorts don't sell, so it's not like a new cover will spark new sales or anything.  So there's no financial incentive, but I'm still burning away the hours on it.  I'm frustrated with myself for spending so much time on it.  But I think I've got a design I like now, so maybe I can get that monkey off my back.  Still, though, the time I've spent on this is time I haven't spent revising book 3.  Grr...

The ugly: I found a centipede in my bedroom.  I don't like centipedes, and I certainly don't like them in the same room where I sleep.  Naturally, I did what anyone would do.  I fetched my trusty Ka-bar and carved him up like a Thanksgiving turkey.  Then I flushed the still-squirming pieces of him down the toilet, because those things are way too creepy to simply dump in the trash.

The good: Last month was the first month in which I made more money on Apple than on Amazon.  This month looks like more of the same.  I've already sold more this month on Apple than I did last month, and there are still 10 days left.  If the trend continues, this will be my best month ever on Apple.

Also, Caverns of Mercury will be included in Kobo's Independence Day promotion.  I'm pleased about that, not just for the obvious reasons, but also because the theme of the trilogy--the terrestrial planets achieving independence from Earth--is completely suited to the holiday.

More about the promotion to come later.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment