Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Progress Report

I've got the first six books and about half of the seventh book of the Wheel of Fire series outlined.  More or less, anyway.  The outlines still need a little work.  Once I'm done with all eight, I plan to go back and clean them up.

For novels with chapters, I had originally planned on putting the table of contents in the back so as to free up another page or two for the story in Amazon's Look Inside feature.  Now that they've started looking at that sort of formatting with suspicious eyes, I've decided to put the tables in the front.  Naturally, this plan could change at any moment.  Amazon definitely keeps us on our toes with its ever-changing rules.

Still playing around with cover designs.  The good thing is that the three Free Space books will all have basically the same cover, just different titles and planets.  Series branding, you know.  So once I've decided on a design for Venus, I'll use the same one for the other two books.  The Wheel of Fire books will be trickier.

So that's where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment