Sunday, March 6, 2016

Progress Report

I've got the first three books of Wheel of Fire outlined.  They're loose outlines, and will probably see major revisions once I start actually writing the series.  But that's fine.  The point of having an outline is to have a starting point and a general direction of where you're going and how you want to get there.  Once you dive into the first draft, things get wild and woolly, and the outline gets twisted and beaten like a rented mule.

I've also sketched out a series-spanning hero's journey for five different characters, including, of course, the protagonist.  I've also got a villain's journey.  Heh.  I've got all this stuff on a spreadsheet so I can see who is what point in his/her arc during which book.  Pretty fancy, right?

And I've been toying with cover design, too.  That's not as fun.  I wish I had more talent in that area.  Actually, I wish I could afford to hire people to make my covers for me.  Maybe some day.

So that's where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment