Sunday, February 7, 2016

Progress Report

I've got nearly 7000 words written in Mars.  Today hasn't been very productive due to the Super Bowl, but I'll make up for it during the week.

Still playing around with cover designs in Photoshop.  One of them seemed cool in my head, but turned out awful once I got around to splicing images together.  So I started over from scratch.  That's the way it is with covers, though, at least for me.  I don't have a natural talent for cover design.  I think I can make pretty good covers eventually, but I have to work at it.

And now for a small rant: during one of the Super Bowl commercial breaks, there was a 10- or 15-second spot featuring Carlos Santana.  It really irritated me.  Why?  Because if they can pay Santana to appear for a commercial, why can't they pay him to do a halftime show?  He could just sit out on the fifty yard line and play his guitar for twenty minutes straight and it would be the greatest halftime show ever.

Imagine a whole stadium rocking out to this:




Actually, you don't have to imagine a huge crowd rocking out with Santana.  It's happened many times.  The guy performed at Woodstock, after all.  ***Warning: half-naked hippies***




A lot of rock stars are getting on in years.  They won't be around forever.  I'd love to see more of them in things like Super Bowl halftime shows while they're still around and able to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment