Sunday, June 7, 2015

Progress Update

I've got nearly 17,000 words in for Venus.  Not bad for a week's work.  I'm writing at a NaNoWriMo-winning rate.  If I can keep up the pace, I'll probably finish the first draft before Independence Day.

I received Buddy: Evolution back from the beta reader.  I haven't looked at his comments yet.  I don't want any distractions until I finish the Venus draft.  Once I've done that, I'll revise Buddy: Evolution and publish it while Venus is being beta read.  Cool piece of time management, huh?  ;)

Hugh Howey mentioned on kboards that a screenplay for Wool is in the works.  Since I intend to publish some fan fiction one day, I'll need to keep this in the back of my mind.  I want my story to be up before any movie hits the silver screen.  For now, though, it's still on the backburner.

I'm starting to form an idea for an urban fantasy series.  Very preliminary at this point.  Haven't even started outlining it.  But that may be the next thing I tackle after the Terrestrial Planets trilogy and the Wool fan-fic.

I still need to outline Mercury and Mars.  I've already established the characters and their relationships, so hopefully it will go more quickly than the outline for Venus.  That one took forever.

Well, back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment