Saturday, December 6, 2014

An unexpected benefit

As a part of the audiobook creation process, I am required to listen to the narrator's first 15 minutes of my story and officially approve it before he can continue recording the rest.  I did so, and nearly fell out of my chair when I heard him say the wrong name in the story's third paragraph.

Well, I checked the file, and, sure enough, it was something I had missed during the revision process.  I felt like an idiot.  Naturally, I fixed the error and sent the corrected file to the narrator, along with an apology.  I also re-uploaded the corrected file to Amazon and Draft2Digital.

So this experiment in audiobook production has already yielded a benefit: a previously unnoticed error in the manuscript was brought to my attention.

Even if the audiobook never sells a single copy, I'm still glad I decided to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment