Tuesday, September 15, 2020

The sandcrawler cometh

Okay, so it's not actually a Jawa sandcrawler.  But it looks like one.

My street is in the process of being resurfaced, and one of the construction vehicles is a tracked thing that looks like it belongs in the Tatooine desert.  Four tracks, just like a sandcrawler.  When it rumbles past, the room shakes.

I think they're just fixing the sunken-in parts of the road for now.  From what I hear, the plan is that they'll repave the whole thing next week, presumably after the hurricane blows through.

Speaking of the weather, it's seventy-one degrees right now, and the projected high for the rest of the week is only seventy-five.  It feels almost chilly.

In other news, I started a new story recently.  I was stuck in neutral with book 5 of Wheel of Fire, and I needed something to jump-start my production.  So I started a new story.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment