Sunday, July 15, 2018

Update

I'm feeling much better now.  The fever broke yesterday, and in dramatic fashion.  I went to the bathroom, and then as soon as I finished and stepped back out the door, I started getting dizzy and seeing stars.  It all came on awfully fast, too.  I made it to a chair just in time to keep from doing a face-plant on the floor.  One of my legs actually gave out completely, and I didn't sit down so much as I had a controlled fall into the chair.  Sweat immediately popped out all over my body, and that's when I knew the fever had broken.  I sat there for a few minutes, covered in sweat, half-conscious, barely able to move, until the spots in my vision faded.  It was kind of a surreal moment.

But all's well that ends well, I guess, and I'm mostly back to my usual self now.  I've got some weird muscle pain/stiffness in the back of my neck, and a slight tickle in my throat that makes me cough occasionally, but that's it.  I haven't done any writing-related work since Thursday, but I'll be getting back on that horse in a few minutes.

The rumor going around is that Walmart will roll out its Kobo-fueled ebook store this September.  I hope it's true, and I personally can't wait.  I love the idea of Walmart shoppers finding my work there.

I'm working on a cover for a Free Space trilogy box set.  I plan on making this box set available only on Kobo to start with.  The only reason I'm doing it at all is so I can take advantage of some of Kobo's promotions that prefer higher price points.  Kobo's interface is easy to use, and the people there are top notch, and I'd love nothing more than to get some traction there.

One more thing about Kobo: I received an email from their payment partner today.  I'll be getting my first deposit from Kobo tomorrow.  This is a milestone for me because Kobo requires a certain threshold before they pay out, and my sales there have been too sporadic to meet that threshold.  May's sales put me over the top, so tomorrow I get paid.  :D

As far as book 3 of Wheel of Fire goes, my illness has obviously delayed everything by a few days.  Now that I'm lucid again, I'll get back to work on it, but no promises about when it'll be finished.

That's all for now.  Time to go splatter some guts in zero-g.

No comments:

Post a Comment