Monday, September 19, 2016

Back in the saddle... sort of

I've mostly gotten over my illness.  I still have a bit of a cough, but that's it.  I'm trying to get back into my exercise routine.

Mercury and Mars are out for a round of beta reading.  I've started working on the second draft of Hostile Planet.  I've also been going over titles and book covers for the trilogy.  And I've got an 8,000-word outline for Neutral Ground, the second book in the Wheel of Fire series.  Not sure if it still needs any more work, though.

Tentative plan is to release the trilogy books in February on consecutive days.  I don't want to do all three the same day--too easy to screw something up.  Once the trilogy books fall off the Hot New Releases list, then I'll put up Hostile Planet.  It would be great if I could get book three, Fever Pitch, up soon after the trilogy books hit the 90-day cliff, but that's optimistic.

At some point, I'll need to go over the various promotions and decide which ones give me the most bang for my buck.  My marketing budget is limited, so it's basically just going to be the small-fry mailings at first.  Unless, of course, I get a Bookbub, in which case I'd beg, borrow, or steal to scrape up the cash.  Nothing beats Bookbub.

So that's that.  Lately, I've been browsing the internet for images I can use as spaceships.  The trilogy covers will just be the planets, but the Hostile Planet cover needs to have some space action, and that's where I'm not sure I can deliver.  But we'll see, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment