Saturday, October 17, 2015

Outlining

I'm working on the outline for Mercury, the second book of the Terrestrial Planets trilogy.

So far, it's up to 4863 words.  Not bad for an outline, right?  I'm hoping that the more details I use to describe each scene, the easier and faster it will be be to write the story.  Basically, I just want to "fill in the blanks" when I start writing.  Sort of like painting by numbers.

I hadn't planned to do NaNoWriMo, but I may accidentally do it.  I'll be starting the first draft soon, so we'll see.  I may cheat and start it in October.  We'll see.  I won't start it until I'm completely satisfied with the outline.

My plan for the trilogy is to publish all three books on consecutive days.  That way, all three will be on the "hot new releases" list at the same time.  Will this make a difference?  Who knows...

I have no idea when the whole trilogy will be finished.  I'll go as fast as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment