Saturday, January 24, 2015

Planning

The more I write, the more I realize just how important it is to plan out the storyline before starting to actually write the story.  It's this stage, the outlining and brainstorming and whatnot, that makes all the difference.  The actual writing is secondary in importance.

For that reason, I really want to get this outline right.  The temptation is to rush it so that I can get to the actual writing part, but I've got to resist that urge.  I've got to be as careful and deliberate as I can and make sure the story's skeleton is as good as it can get.

I also need to get back to my Wool fan-fiction piece.  I haven't done any work on it since before the Christmas holiday rush.  It's probably about half-done.  I don't plan to publish it until after I get a full-length novel up anyway, so there's no hurry, but I'd still like to get it under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment